Subject: Re: Soft Case for M
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 07:46:10 -0600 (MDT)

>Does it offer much protection?  The intended use would be as additional
>padding for an M6 w/50 Summicron in a larger case with another camera and
>accessories.  Would that be appropriate?
>
>What should one pay for the described case?

If you plan to use the soft case inside another case, just buy one of the
Domke wraps. The big ones should cover an M + a lens. The Leica soft case is
a really pretty peice of leather, and looks very clean when worn on a belt
with a suit. It's fashion, and little more. It has no rigidity to it, and
therefore provides protection only from dust and very light bumps. If you're
dead-set on a Leica thingy, find a good used neverready case - $30-40 I suppose.
Regards,

Ben W. Holmes
Boulder, CO

Visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/