Subject: Robot Star
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:19:16 -0700

I have an opportunity to trade for someone's Robot Star with Zeiss Biotar
f/2 4cm lens. I think it takes a picture frame somewhat smaller than
standard 35mm but not quite as small as half-frame. The serial number on
the camera is D116954. It includes a 90 degree prism, leather case and
owner's manual, all probably from the late 1930's. I only have heard the
camera over the phone so far - quite a nice sound as the mechanical winder
fired frames at almost two per second.

Anyone know about Robots and what the value of this one might be?

Last week-end I stopped at a garage sale and asked the usual, "Have and
cameras for sale?" The fellow said no, he had just sold one and proceeded
to describe a 1950's Canon rf with three lenses. His wife said the leather
case still looked new, but they did not want it any more because the film
was too hard to load. It sounded like I missed out on at least $1000 in
collectibles that he had sold only an hour before for $15!

Gary Todoroff