Subject: Re: REF.: "Seeing"
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 11:23:35 +0500

At 05:42 AM 97-08-12 +0800, you wrote:
>As we grow older, many of us lose that freshness, curiousity, and
>spontaneity in that way we perceive the world around us.  Very often we are
>pushed into seeing the world in a certain way by famous photographers and a
>natural tendency is to emulate the style of the pics which dominate
>billboards, mags, etc.  I overcome this weakness partly by participating in
>the local photo club activities.  Fortunately, instead of comparing hardware
>at meetings, the club is active in holding mini-competitions (when everybody
>can be a judge <Ian Stanley, I hope you can still remember that one>),
>outings, inviting various photographers to show their slides of countries
>that they have travelled to, followed by food and chitchat and sharing of
ideas.

>Dan K.

Greetings all,

	I agree with you on this one Dan.  I am not a great joiner of clubs,
groups or anything that seems too organized or structured but this group
was different.  The competitions (all in good fun), the showing of slides
from previous trips and the friendliness of the group made for a wonderful
evening that I will not forget for a long time.  It was great fun!!

Ian Stanley,

Kathmandu, Nepal