Subject: Re: M3 value?
From: "Ken Lee" <leek@hbc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 08:21:57 -0400

Rick,

I bought (stole) that exact combination from a friend three years ago. The
only difference was it had not been cleaned recently. The Summicron was a
little cloudy (fungus).  I paid $800 for the set and another $250 for the
cleaning. The lens could not be completely cleaned so I sold it to the
cleaner for $250.

I love the camera.  I find the 35mm with eyes a little heavy and awkward,
but the results are good.  The Hektor works well with the M3.  My only
warning is that this could get very expensive!!!!  Since the initial
purchase, I have bought an M6 a new 35mm Summicron, a used 50mm Summicron,
a used 75mm Summilux, and a new 90mm Elmarit-M.  When the gentleman who I
bought the M3 from died, his family found his chrome 90mm Summicron and I
also bought that.

Careful........ Ken