Subject: Source for Opti-Clean ??
From: FREEDD1@pfizer.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:50:16 -0400

     Don't know how old this information is but I found it in a web page I
     unearthed via an Infoseek search:

      ...I've listened to the tips about cleaning optics and while many of
      them are good I thought I'd share something that I discovered a
      few years ago. It's a product called OPTI-CLEAN POLYMER from a
      Bradford Laboratories in Sunnyvale, CA
      (408-745-1031. It's a strippable polymer coating that cleans optical
      surfaces. It's made from water, denatured alcohol, and a
      urethane polymer. Apply the liquid with a soft brush and after it
      dries in about 1/2-hour it can be striped off using a piece of
      masking tape to start the process. The dried file encapsulates all
      the dirt and crud. The manufacturer claims that it cleans down
      to the molecular level. I've used it for about six years on mirrors,
      corrector plates, and eyepieces and have never had a
      problem. It removes particles, grease and oil and will not harm the
      optical coatings. Try it, you'll like it...

     I haven't tried calling Bradford Labs but I will today.

     David Freedman