Subject: M6 light leaks
From: Paul Schliesser <paulsc@eos.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 97 12:49:04 -0400

>BTW the leaks are much worse than with the
>original shutter curtains. This camera has had about 30 rolls of T-Max 100
>(outdoors also) through it and this is the first time this has happened.
>The service warranty has expired and I can't see putting out another 250+
>dollars to fix it. Any Ideas? Any similar experiences?

Mark,

Just an idea: have you checked the light seal around the back flap? If
the metal is dented or bent sligthly, or if your baseplate has "spread" a
little and is loose, you may be getting some light through the back.
There is not any kind of gasket, so if the metal parts don't fit, they
could possibly leak.

A way to test this would be to put the body cap on, then wave it around
outside in bright light while wiggling the baseplate and flap.

If you look at the right hinge, you will see that it has a little
realease on it, so you can take the back off easily. This will make it a
little easier to look inside. If you don't think the back is the problem,
you could take it off to see if you can see any leaks through or around
the shutter curtains coming from the front.

- - Paul