Subject: Re: Stolen Passwords?!
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 02:57:57 -0400 (EDT)

No way can this happen.  I was one of the Alpha testers of Casablanca
which was what AOL 4.0 was called last December; It had a lot of bugs
and was consequently recalled after only 3 weeks.  It had no provisions
for protecting your already encrypted password. Because of the encryption
no other protection was needed.  You might be thinking of Internet Explorer,
the 3.0 version had a security problem but it was corrected in the 3.02.
Somebody must be putting you on.
If you find it necessary to reply to me - dont use the LUG. Email  me

Leikon35@aol.com
 <<

  I called AOL today to ask a couple of questions about access numbers and
  found out some interesting information.  The person I spoke with said it is
  now possible to have your password stolen thru an IM.  If someone IMs you
 and
  you respond, there is a program that uses this method to enter your AOL
  s >>