Subject: Re: Where Angels Fear To Tread
From: Chuck Warman <cwarman@wf.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 22:12:28 -0500

>I wonder how we are going to manage this thing in 1 - 2 years from now when
>the Internet and the LUG will be 2 - 4 times todays size. 100 - 150
>messages a day? This looks like a real issue.

I subscribe to a flyfishing list which (in non-fishing season) AVERAGES
almost 200 messages a day.  Two things keep it workable for me:  I
subscribe in digest form, and the members are very disciplined about
accurately captioning threads and individual postings.  I scan it daily for
useful or interesting messages, replying to perhaps two or three.  The
whole process takes about 15 minutes.

Maybe the LUG can learn from this.

Chuck