Subject: Re: The Leica R8 and moving up from Canon
From: n5xrd@juno.com (Richard W. Hemingway)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 20:57:18 CDT

Jim,

>I would really like to know a.) which different prisms do you have,
>b.)
>what do you use them for, and c.) how often do you actually really
>need them?
>
>Thanks,

I have owned the F, F2 and F3 (also the F4) and one reason I bought them
was for the removable prism.  At one time I was very interested and
involved with astrophotography with my former backyard observatory and
14" telescope.  With the original prism removed and the high power one
inserted (5x 7x???  don't remember) and the plain glass screen it was
very easy to focus on planetary features.

The high power prism (which sticks straight up from the camera body) was
very good for macro work on a tripod.  Other than that (or where I tried
to fabricate my own eyepiece) I never removed the original prism.

Richard Hemingway
Norman, OK