Subject: Re: Bubbles on black M6
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 97 15:29:35 PST

     Hi,

      I also have an R4 with a little bubbles near the eyepiece.

     Regards,
     David

Subject: Bubbles on black M6
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    7/31/97 8:05 PM

Ferdinand wrote:

<snip>
Its an all black M6 and I notice that the paint has some tiny tiny bubbles
in them, but it
has not peeled off or will it peel off.
<snip>

My older M6 (dating back to new in 1991?) developed some very small bubbles
on the surface of the black chrome finish.  I thought it might be due to
exposuring the camera to salt water - but I have never done that to my
camera body.  Its too small to observe casually.  You have to llok closely
to see it.

Now I suspect that for some reason the plating process that was used on
that batch of cameras probably wasn't up to the normal high standards.  It
hasn't effected the performance of the camera body.

I was upset about this bubbling at one point.  After reading many, many
posts about cameras getting "beauty marks" on them due to hard use, it
doesn't bother me much anymore.  I just thought my camera was unique.

Last week, my new Leica M6 black body rolled off my shoulder and collided
with the side of my wife's Mercedes.  Guess what?  Leica - 1, Mercedes - 0.
 Paint came off the Mercedes and the Leica survived without a scratch.

Richard
- -----------------------------------
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA

I think he bought this way back in 1987. Serial # are as follows:

M6 body-167-9348
35/1.4 summilux m -3139663
90/2.8 tele elmarit -3068939

btw-the body says Ernst Leitz Wetzlar Gmbh (maybe this is still made in
Wetzlar, not in Sohm ??) all these years of use, the frame counter seems
fine, the metering is fine also and the rangefinder at infinity is ok.

since I'm a first time M6 user, is the frame counter sitting @ 40 when
there is no film or something like that ? when u load the film, then it
starts advancing to 0 ?? (excuse my ignorance ??)

anyways in a few days time I should know what "LEICA Look" is... so
excited. thou I find it hard to focus and that thing is so small my hands
are aching trying to grasp it.

Regards

Ferdinand