Subject: EOS 1N or R8.......
From: "BIRKEY, DUANE" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 11:22:53 -0500

I have not used the R-8 so my advice is a bit one sided.  I am building
a M system though having fallen head over heals for it.

I'm keeping my EOS EQ because of:

1) autofocus and motor drive.
R-8 no has and motor not yet available

2) Lenses
I've got the 17-35, 28-70 and 70-200 f/2.8L zooms
Leica doesn't have the first two of the three above.

3) I'm on a limited budget and for much of the work I use the EOS for,
the quality is more than good enough.   I cannot afford to purchase a
complete set of Leica R lenses too.

If you are only using one lens, AKA  the 28 1.8 on a EOS 1N,  try the
R-8 with an albeit slower 28 2.8.  You might be better served to buy an
earlier R series body.  I would highly recommend going to a local
dealer and spend some time comparing them and renting one if possible.
Cameras choices are awfully personal and * YOU * have to be happy with
whatever you choose.   You also have to be able to afford to expand
your system to meet your needs.  Take a realistic look at the system
you want to build and figure out what your total investment is going to
be and whether you can afford it.  Have you priced the R 70-180

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador

***** Message Was Scanned For Viruses *****