Subject: Re: Leica M6 and Contax G2
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 1997 09:57:46 -0500

>Paul, maybe there's a balance that could be struck between all mechanical
>and all electronic bodies. Look at the Nikon F3.

Unless I am remembering wrong the Canon F1N had a fully electronic
shutter with a totally manual backup if the battery failed.  All you had
to do was take the batery out and the shutter would work from top speed
down to I think 1/30 or so.  The F3 only had a 1/90 manual shutter speed
in the event of battery failure.

I don't see why Leica couldn't do like Canon did AND have a higher sync
speed with TTL flash.  This would give you the best of both worlds IMO.

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto