Subject: Re: Intermediate Shutter Speeds
From: "H. S. Lam" <hslam@chevalier.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 1997 13:11:29 -0700

ABreull@aol.com wrote:

> In einer eMail vom 02.08.1997  10:17:35, schreiben Sie:
>
> >Can any one tell me whether I can place my shutter speed dial at half or
> >1/3 positons between 2 clicked-stopped shutter speeds when I am shooting
> >with the lens wide open for M2, M3, M4, M5 or M6 ?
> >

> You can do it - but it has no effect. The shorter speed is selected.
> -Alf

I have dugged up my M2 Instruction Manual which stated as below :
"Intermediate shutter speeds can also be set within the range of 1 to
1/8 second, between 1/15 and 1/30 second, and between 1/60 and 1/1000
sec."
I think the M3, M4 and M6 shutters are also similarly mechanically
constructed and therefore intermediate shutter speeds may be set except
between 1/8 sec and 1/15 sec.
However metering with the M6 set in intermediate positions might not be
reliable because electrical contact is either yes or no for the nearest
setting.
For the IIIF with rotating speed dial, if you set your shutter speed in
the intermediate position for high speed range above 1/60 sec., it will
tend to go to the shorter exposure speed.

H.S. Lam