Subject: Re: SHOW ME THE MONEY! aka $3,340
From: Leikon35@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 23:05:25 -0400 (EDT)

Bravo Stephan -

You have put into words what I have been trying to get across all along.  I
have nothing against the M6 per se - or against Solms cameras  It is the
present managments practice, of poor, slow service at a high price.  The fact
that
Leica has its name on polo shirts, (I own 3), cigarette lighters, watches and
jewelry & recently a  German man showed me a Rostfrei switch-blade knife
withe the red logo on it.  Whats next ?  Leica condoms?  Again - business is
business and I think all Leica cameras are great, why else would I own, use

and sell them.  Incidentally, I only own 98 now, gave 2 to my niece for her
birthday.

If you recall, this whole thing started when you told about Don Goldberg's
opinion
of the construction of the M6 with the plastic gear that often breaks and for
users
that have M6s out of warranty; the Leica Service Charge is $130 to $150 for
an
item that should be replaced free.  For that kind of money, many owners will
send
their M6 to DAG rather than New Jersey. So thanks again Stephan for not
sticking
pins in my effigy, some others have.

PS - in addition to Goldberg, Kreuter & van Stelton;  I would also recommend
Ken
Ruth of "Photography on Bald Mountain".  Ken will make his own replacement
parts
for the ones no longer available from New Jersey.

Mavin Moss