Subject: Re: Solms vs Wetzlar/M-6 vs M3
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 06:21:04 +0800 (SGT)

At 09:31 AM 1/8/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I got into camera collecting as a hobby because I enjoy photographic
>history.  I now look mostly for 35mm cameras (that I can afford)  that
>were made in the 50's and early 60's.  I can tell you that there are
>many superb cameras in the time period and many manufacturers produced
>their most finely machined and constructed models during that time
>period before the wide spread usage of plastics.  But I like all metal
>cameras with no meters for my collection.
<snip>
>Duane Birkey

I also particularly like cameras made in that time period.  By that time
coated lenses were available and manufactuers appear to take pride in making
cameras that last  and even beat that of their competitors'.   Currently, it
is probably considered poor business tactic to make anything that lasts too
long.  That is probably why we have so much trash and junk.

Dan K.