Subject: buying stolen equipment
From: pgs@thillana.lcs.mit.edu (Patrick Sobalvarro)
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:22:23 -0400

  Date: 01 Aug 97 12:49:47 EDT
  From: "Richard C. Floyd" <103060.1511@CompuServe.COM>

  So when I hear tales of what a great deal someone got due to
  someone else's misfortune, I can't help thinking what the original
  owner must be going through.

Hear, hear!  I agree completely with Richard.  Stolen equipment isn't
a "bargain" to look out for.  The person who bought the stolen
equipment wasn't a lucky guy who got a great deal.  He's a criminal.
He now has an M3 that belongs to someone else, and he knows full well
it belongs to someone else.  This is a criminal offense, as it should
be.

The only correct thing to do with stolen equipment is try to see the
thief arrested and the equipment returned to its proper owner.  Don't
buy it; tell the police instead.