Subject: Repair Leitz Pradolux RT-300 II?
From: James J Dempsey <jjd@jjd.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 1997 09:05:36 EDT

I have a Leitz Pradolux RT-300 II projector which I absolutely love.
I can use carousels or the Kodak stack loader, but have the brightness
and sharpness of a Leica projector.  (Yes, I know the mechanics of the
RT-300 are Singer.)

Unfortunately, it just stopped working for me in a very odd way after
about 14 years.  The mechanics seem to work perfectly and the fans run
but the bulb doesn't go on.  In fact the symptoms are exactly the same
as if the (original!) bulb had burned out.  However, I replaced the
bulb to no effect and I don't think both bulbs are dead because of
this:  a volt meter shows continuity across the terminals of the bulb
indicating that the filament is still intact.

I tried taking it apart to see what I could see, but those engineers
put it together in a way as to make me uncomfortable trying to get it
apart without breaking it.

Can someone suggest where I might get it repaired or how I might
further diagnose the problem?

Thanks,

                       --Jim Dempsey--
                         jjd@jjd.com