Subject: Re: Re[2]: red dots and thieves
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 14:04:42 -0700

On 31 Jul 97,  Alistair_Stewart_at_LC4001@cc wrote:

>      Used-diaper bags are a good alternative to Purina dog chow bags...

Much better alternative. I suspect that we're getting our leg pulled just
slightly on the Dog Chow bag scenario.

Purina Dog Chow, (and most other so-called dry dog foods, for that matter)
is oily to the point of being impossible to clean such that anyone would
put any camera gear in it. Though the product is spherical pieces about
1/2 inch in diameter, those pieces abrade against each other and become a
crumbly mess inside the bag. The crumbs and oily nature would make it
one of the last alternatives to normal camera bags.

Diaper bags, definitely!
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America
       mailto:beamon@primenet.com

          Thought for the day:
      Romance begins when you sink into his arms,
      and ends with your arms in his sink!