Subject: RE: Off topic: Kodachrome & Photo-CD
From: Tom Kline <tkline@grizzly.pwssc.gen.ak.us>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:22:58 -0800

>Hi again,
>
>Just checked the resolution Kodak Norway offers on their Photo-CD service:
>708x512 (lousy) at 24 bit.
>
>A rip-off?

Yes!, when photoCDs are made here in the US they run the whole gamut from
2X3 K on down for the non-pro disks. The pro disks start at 4x6 K. I have
had mine made by Dale in Florida from color negs (they don't do Kodachrome
per your request) for some of my work as it saves time compared to scanning
them ( when I want the whole roll done). They also include a simple slide
show program and a program to upload images to word processors on the disk.
Tom

Thomas C. Kline, Jr., Ph.D.
Research Scientist/ Diving Safety Officer
Prince William Sound Science Center
300 Breakwater Avenue, P. O. Box 705
Cordova, AK 99574, USA
907-424-5800