Subject: Off topic: Kodachrome & Photo-CD
From: Tore Larsen <tore@cs.uit.no>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 18:45:10 +0200

Hi,

This is off-topic. I apologize for any offense.

Can anyone please advise me on a reasonable US service for combined
slide-processing (preferably Kodachrome), framing, and Photo-CD production?

I'll be living in New Jersey for a year and would like to have all slides I
shoot during this visit put on Photo-CD.

In Norway Kodak charges the equivalent of USD 50+ for processing, framing, &
Photo-CD production for 36 exp. Ektachrome. This is for Master disc. incl. CD.
Kodak Norway says they only scan at one resolution.

Kodachrome is substantially more expensive since slides are processed and
framed by Kodak Switzerland before being scanned individually by Kodak Norway.
Kodak Norway claims that Kodak's Swiss Kodachrome Lab is not set up to produce
Photo-CD's.

__
Tore