Subject: Re: Thugs are Stupid
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 17:32:47 -0700

On 30 Jul 97,  Jim Brick wrote:

Snip>

> This was basically my point some months ago when someone said that they
> were embarrassed to take pictures of villages and farmers in India with
> Leica equipment. I think I responded at that time that the MAJORITY of
> the people EVERYWHERE, do not know what a Leica is. It's just a camera to
> 99.9% of the masses, thugs or not. Run into another photographer, and you
> stand a chance that he will have heard the name Leica.

A contrary story is several weeks ago I was with some personal friends,
One of them saw me photographing away and asked what I was using. When I
said Leica he made several comments about the reputation and costliness of
same.

Some DO know. I prefer not to take the chance.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America