Subject: Re: Thugs are Stupid
From: Stark <astark@suffolk.lib.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:08:48 -0400 (EDT)

Marc, your post really cracked me up.  How right you are about  these
"street thieves". A friend of mine was enrolled at Fordham University (NYC
)  1971 and one day after parking his 1964 Volkswagon and a real piece of
junk, was walking back to class when a "local resident", I would assume,
came sashaying down the street with  an alunimun suitcase in hand.  My
friend recognized the suitcase as probably containing electronics or
camera equipment.  Well, anyway, it turns out the suitcase contained an
M-3 with a 50mm,35mm,90mm,light meter,etc. and it was all offered for
$100.  He sure knew his cameras......Now the real  kicker....a week later
someone stole his 1964 Volkswagon.  These  guys  are really bright.
Thought you would get a chuckle out of this story.  P.S. my friend still
has the camera.  Tony

                         tempus fugit