Subject: Re: The report at last
From: Federico Quintana <fquintana@interlink.com.ar>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 97 15:31:34 -0300

  Summicron-M ASPH 35mm and
>Summilux-M ASPH 35mm have a different fingerprint and therefore a
>diffferent audience and photographic capabilities.  If you need F/1,4
>there is no alternative. If F/2,0 is enough for you the flavour of
>Summicron-M ASPH 35mm and its price/volume  are very attractive. In
>performance it and its sibling Summilux-M ASPH 35mm are in the same legue.
> NOTE: this report is posted for the LUG exclusively.  Please do not  copy
>the contents and publish them on a site!
>Erwin

     Thank you Erwin,  I recently traveled to the U.S. and bought the 35
ASPH Summicron together with the superb 24. I was waiting for this report
anxiously especially since the second, was bought in a frenzy and purely
based on trusting Leica.  I knew nothing about the new lens but after the
first roll of Velvia I was stunned as has become frequent since my M6
purchase three month ago.  I have to say that my F4 and heavy glass has
been put away since then and the pleasure I have in using the M6 and its
lenses is undescribable.

P.S.  recently a report speaking about the innacuracy in focusing of the
M's and lens cams misalignment was posted... I could not believe what I
was reading and plan to make some tests myself.  If you've read it, could
you please forward your opinion on this matter?  I've used my 50/2 and
90/2.8 wide open for portraits and details at fairly close range and
focus seems dead on.

Federico,
Buenos Aires