Subject: Summicron M ASPH v. Summilux M ASPH
From: "Lucien_vD@compuserve.com" <Lucien_vD@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:01:51 -0400

Roger Beamon  wrote:

> Hans wrote:
> =

> >That remark was interesting. How come you like the Summicron ASPH
better? =

> =

> More compact, easier to use, smaller lens hood and 39mm filter.
> (I use a lot the swing out Leica Pola filter.)
> And the fact that you can use it wide open without any concern.
> Now the 35/2 is on the same level as the 50/2.

*No argument until you get to the "use it wide open without any concern".=
 =

*I use the Summilux at f 1.4 very often without concern. No detracting =

*aspects at full aperture to me or to any of the reviewers that I've read=
=2E

Sorry Roger,

The concern  wide open was about the Summicron , not about the Summilux.
I agree with you.
The other arguments are for the Summilux ASPH.

Lucien
BELGIUM