Subject: Auto flash/R 6 question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 11:05:25 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Now that I have made the jump to the R system with a Leicaflex SL and a new
100mm Apo macro lens, I am concerned about an autoflash to use for macro work.

I suspect that Metz makes a hot shoe mountable autoflash wiht an SCA auto
Leica adaptor.  Since the Leicaflex SL doesn't even have a hot shoe, I
guess my next Leicaflex will be a R6 or R 6.2 body.

Does the 6.2 offer addtional flash control advantages over the 6?  I
understand the 6.2 has a higher top speed but does this body also have
better internal flash control circuitry?

The 100mm Apo takes superb photos except the diahpram blades are mounted
backward.  Not sure why.  My wife saw some early shots I took with the lens
as a test and you can see the really small hairs on her cheeks - the little
blonde ones that you can't see unless you look very very close.  Now I know
why some photographers have told me that clients have some complaints
because the lens is too sharp.  I guess you need a $250 Leica diffusing
filter to make the lens more average <bg>.

Richard