Subject: Re: 70-180 vs. The World
From: hmphoto <hmphoto@delphi.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 15:05:26 -0500

>On a serious note, I wonder if it is the R8?  Have you compared shooting
>the 280 with the R8??  I've held the 70-180 and it seems very
>comfortable, more so than the Nikkor 80-200.

I was wondering the same thing.  Maybe the lack of a motor on the R8 is
making it harder for you to shoot as many sharp photos.  I know when
shooting slow speeds with long glass having the motor wind out 3 or 4
frames at once helps me get a higher percent sharp.

>I even wonder, for one frivolous moment, what it might be light to try
>shooting such stuff with a rangefinder.  Then I just had a beer.

Donal you have it backwards have a beer then try to shoot it with a
rangefinder, that way you can see the image better.  :)

Harrison McClary
hmphoto@delphi.com
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto