Subject: Re: Collapsible Summicron 50 (M3 D/S)
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 1997 00:41:58 -0400

At 09:18 PM 7/26/97 -0700, Patrick Sobalvarro wrote:
>So, Marc, what do you think of that Zeiss Tessar lens, and where can I
>buy your book on LTM lenses?

THE ZEISS COMPENDIUM is available from Jimmy Koh, KEH, Tamarkin, and A
Photographers Place and may be available from B&H as well.

The 2.8/5cm CZJ Tessar is a Prewar design.  It was not a stunningly fine
performer (the Sonnars got that honour!) but is capable of fine results.
Its production was not resumed after the War, though the slightly slower
f/3.5 version was brought back both at Oberkochen and Jena.

I WOULD like the serial number of this gem.  These are rather rare in Leica
TM (heck, ANY Zeiss lens is rare in LTM!) and I only know of a two or three
others.

Marc

Marc James Small
Cha Robh Bas Fir, Gun Ghras Fir!