Subject: Re: R 9 Suggestion
From: "Roy C. Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 15:57:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Jul 1997, Joe Berenbaum wrote:

> I don't see why. If 20% of the light passes through the existing SL mirror
> and is measured by the ttl metering, proportionally more light would pass
> through a stationary pellicle mirror, so all that would be needed for that
> ttl metering to function would be the appropriate recalibration of the
> metering sensitivity to allow for the more transparent mirror. (Or even that
> crude device- altering the ISO setting!)

The secondary mirror is between the pellicle and the shutter. It would
have to be removed in the course of the hypothetical installation of the
stationary mirror.  Otherwise it would prevent light from reaching the
film.  By the time we get to relocating the cell from the bottom of the
body into the prism, I'd guess we're up to the price of an R9.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart