Subject: Re[2]: R 9 Suggestion
From: seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 97 09:26:03 PST

     Hi,

      One of the things that I love about Leicaflexes is the shutter sound.
     It makes me feel proud and reminds me that I am shooting with my
     beloved Leicaflexes.

     Regards,
     David

Subject: Re: R 9 Suggestion
Author:  leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us at Internetmail
Date:    7/25/97 9:20 AM

Dan C. asked concerning the pellicle mirror in a SLR camera:

<snip>
>Isn't light loss to the film plane a problem?
<snip>

Dan,

I think the EOS1n RS (hard to keep up with the abbreviations) loses about
1/2 f stop due the pellicle mirror.  I am sure Leica could build one that
only lost 1/4 to 1/3 f stop with a pellicle mirror.

Just think of it.  A new SLR with all the new exposure options and no
mirror noise when you press the release button.  It would sound closer to
an M camera.

Since I have been using my 1962 era Leicaflex SL, I wonder why Leica never
put that shutter in an M camera.  The Leicaflex SL shutter's top speed is
1/2000 sec.  Why doesn't Leica put the same cloth focal plane shutter in an
M6 and call it a Leica M6.2.

Maybe I just invented something?

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD