Subject: Re: Dealer Recommendations
From: Bill Ferris <billferris@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 10:25:49 -0400

Ben Holmes wrote:

> >I purchased a new Leica M6 by Mail from B&H NY, fast service, no
> >problems, B&H has a separate used department, this the B&H web page:
> >

> Echo the sentiment on B&H. UseNet is FILLED with complaints about them, my
> experience has been good each of the three times I've made a purchase there.
> Nice people, cheap shipping, prices are better than most.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ben W. Holmes
> Boulder, CO
>
> visit my web site at http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/
> Leica serial numbers and Leica classifieds are no longer available
> http://www.frii.com/~bholmes/photodat.htm
I regularly do business with B&H for camera equipment and supplies and I
have NEVER had a problem.  UseNet complaints are usually people
complaining about what they charge for second day air shipping.  Of
course there is more to the cost of rush delivery than the UPS charge,
including the extra effort put forth by the company.

I have made some purchases from Wall Street and Eli Kurland is always
responsive and their prices are excellent.

For the record, I do not work for either organization.  I spend my time
on the beach in Florida!!

Bill