Subject: Re: Leicaflex Problem
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 03:01:11 -0400

ted grant wrote:

> Richard Clompus wrote:
>
> <<<<< As an experienced user of M Leicas and admittedly a new user of
> Leicaflex SL, I have a problem with the Leicaflex.  Everytime I take a
> picture,
> the viewfinder goes blank for just a split second then as if by magic
> the image
> reappears.>>>>>>
>
> g'day Richard,
>
> Welcome to the reflex world of taking pictures! :)
>
> .SNIP
>
> But the time of the image loss is or should be in direct relationship
> to the
> selected shutter speed.  Longer exposures beget longer mirror up and
> nothing in
> the view finder!

Ted and Richard,

That's nothing. Try working with a Hasselblad 500 CM if you want mirror
blackout. Even when I use the 500 ELM with its motorized body the mirror
returns after a second or so. the discipline in using them is to make
the photo count because it takes so long to regain your sight pattern.

I'm going on vacation for a week to New England tomorrow and I shall
experience the best of both worlds: The Blad loaded with Agfa Pan 25 and
the Leicas loaded with TMax 400 and maybe some Kodachrome 64. We'll see.

Carl Socolow