Subject: Bolex Banterings
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 20:48:01 -0700

> From: Ben Holmes
> I bought a bolex 8mm camera and a slew of lenses and gadgets for it for
the
> astonishing price of $2.00US. And, the guy threw in a Miranda Sensorex +
lens.

Hi Ben!

Same thing happened to me.  A man responded to my "Leicas wanted" ad, and
would only sell me his IIIf black dial if I also bought his TWO movie
cameras. One was a 16mm w/ three fixed focus lenses on the turret and with
viewfinders (not reflex). The other was a Leicina (see everybody, not
"off-topic" after all). I sold the Bolex for $250, traded the Leicina for
some equipment from Fred Sternenberg (a past president of LHSA), so figured
out that I wound up with the IIIf and a couple of lenses almost for free.

In another purchase (an M3), the seller threw in a Bolex 8mm P1 "Zoom
Reflex", a very pretty camera outfit on my display shelf w/ Bethiot
Pan-Cinor zoom lens. I still have it for when Steven Spielberg calls.

Gary Todoroff