Subject: Question on Leicaflex SL2
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 13:14:47 -0400

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

Now that I have a Leicaflex SL (to be repaired) with a 50mm Summicron, I
should ask if anyone has had experience with the Leicaflex SL2.  It seems
Leica increased the light meter's sensitivity, gave it a hot shoe and made
only half as many cameras the the SL model.  Used camera fees seem twice as
high for the SL2 as the SL.

Does the SL2 camera handle that much different than the SL?  I would prefer
to have a second Leicaflex body around the house- since like the potato
chip commercial -"you just can't have one."

If I get another Leicaflex body, I can put both of them in the trunk of my
car this winter to help improve traction with our rear wheel drive car.
Cinder blocks won't be needed.  The weight of the Leicaflex SL is
impressive.  Makes my M6 seem light in comparison.  I guess when this
camera was made in the 1960's, brass was cheaper than it is now.

Thanks for your response.

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, PA, USA