Subject: Elmarit or Summicron 90
From: Carsten Bockermann <Carsten_Bockermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 02:22:42 -0400

MS wrote (how about using a real name ?) :

>>Trying to decide between an Elmarit 90/2.8 and a Summicron 90/2.0.
>>Hoping someone can help with info on the following criteria,

>>- -handling

The Summicron 90 is rather big and heavy (in the same league as the
75/1.4). Focusing at f/2 must be done with extreme care to get it right on.

>>- -apparent sharpness

Mediocre wide open. I sold mine and bought a Tele-Elmarit-M 90/2.8, which
is far smaller and performs a whole lot better. I also have the 75/1.4
which at f/1.4 is sharper than the Summicron 90 at f/2.

>>- -flare

With light sources in the picture the lens is prone to flare.

Carsten