Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: Dave Munroe <dmunroe@hpvclmun.vcd.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 97 18:20:22 PDT

John Buford writes:

> 	If this is true then I guess they did not take any professional
> pictures at this track before the invention of autocus cameras.

Actually, a fairly well-known photo was taken at that track, well before
any autofocus cameras were invented.  This was at the old Nurburgring,
which was 14 miles long and had something like 170 turns - the new 'Ring
is quite sad compared to the old one.  Anyway, the photo is of Jim Clark
cresting one of the many rises in the track, his Lotus 25 suspended in
mid-air.

- -Dave, photo and F1 enthusiast