Subject: Re: Broke Down & Bought a Leicaflex SL
From: cmiller@berkshire.net (Curt Miller)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 20:16:02 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Group,

I recently bought a mint SL recently on which to mount a 135/2.8, a focal
length I get no satisfaction using on my M bodies.  I absolutely love this
camera - reminds me of the best of the best from my teenage years as a tyro
(wishing I could own this instead of my Spotmatic).  One thing I'm looking
forward to is using my Hasselblad lenses on this body with one of those
Zorkendorfer mounts (even shifts!).

Wow, is this Heaven or what?

Curt

Chris wrote:

>In my opinion, Richard should have explained to his wife that the SL is a
>real classic that will probably never wear out. Besides it is a good
>investment. Today's electronic cameras may not have spares available in just
>a few years. Did we not hear some complaints about the Minolta CLE?
>
>IMHO, the SL is a great deal. The SL2 is better, but you have to look harder
>to find one and pay much more money. On the other hand, the SL2 is a little
>more compatible with the later R cameras. In terms of viewfinder performance
>and light-meter sensitivity, the SL2 compares very well with the new R8.

Elizabeth Mei Wong
Birding with Berkshire County's Hoffman Bird Club or
             Women Outdoors at http://members.aol.com/womenout/index.htm

Henry Curtis Miller, M.P.A.

Pittsfield, Massachusetts
In the Berkshires, next door to Tanglewood