Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: "Thomas J. Donovan" <75674.3465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 20 Jul 97 07:17:15 EDT

Frank Kemper,

                       >>you cannot compare a R8 with a F5 or Eos 1n<<

I  traded back my Eos 1n system after I got my R8s; the R8 was just superior in
the visual/tactile department. Auto focus was irrelevant for my needs! Not even
taking into account those awesome Leica optics ;-)!

The only feature I might like to have on the R8 is a two step auto-bracket; one
on & one under; I find these 3-step auto-brackets a serious waste of film.
However, the exposure override on the R8 is quick enough for me most of the
time.

Tom D.