Subject: Re: 35/2 asph
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 16:31:58 -0700

Guido wrote:

>Sorry about  japanese friends that build F's and Eos's  bodies
>thinking that it will makes better shoots but it will make only fast
>shoots.
>M's fans, I think , love slow but qualities shoots.
>We shoot with the myth and it will help us to make good  pictures because
>after the lens the only important thing to make pictures is the man and his
> sensibility, his fantasy and his heart.
>When I shoot I want to hear "Click" not "Bzzz Vrrrrrr Shhhhhh" because if
>the subjet is important, the different way fix it on the film in manual
>shooting, has the same importance; but if you leave the camera software to
>choose for you you became a Sunday's cliker not a Leica lover......
>As soon as possible on Lug's screen my impression about the new lens.
>Bye    :-))
>
>Guido Ridoli

Guido,

What you said is very true, and very well said. Sometimes, in business, you
have to adopt the "Sunday Cliker" syndrome. It would indeed be really great
to treat each shoot with quiet solitude. This is one of the reasons I have
a 4x5. Everything is slow, manual, and deliberate. Check and double check.
Rush and you loose.

Ted, better listen to Guido and scrap the Sunday Clicker! ;-)

Jim