Subject: Re: Help on Repair
From: Henry Chu <doctorc8@entertain.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 10:59:45 -0600

Arnold Don Abravanel wrote:

> I know that there has been listings of these repair poeple, but for the
> newcomers to the Lug, and myself can someone please list these four again.
> I have a IIIA that needs curtain repair.
> Thank you,
> Arnold, Westlake Village, CA
>
> At 05:32 PM 7/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
> >On Thu, 17 Jul 1997 seungmin@luxmail.luxcom.com wrote:
> >
> >>       I have several Leica SM and M bodies to be serviced.  From all
> >>      gathered info on competent repair persons, I narrowed down to three:
> >>
> >>      1. Don Goldberg
> >>      2. John Van Shelten
> >>      3. Golden Touch

LUGgers,

#2--John Van Stelten is a prince of a gentleman and does fine work.  He
has worked on several of my cameras including an M3 (CLA plus clearing a
yellowed viewfinder), M4 (CLA), IIIG (CLA), Contax IIa (major overhaul),
and he even has done work on my CL's (reluctantly).  He does have e-mail
<focalpt@ecentral.com> or can be reached at (303) 665-6640.

I availed myself of his services because he is located in Louisville, CO
near Denver, where I live.  All work has been done very well.  Only the
Contax had to be taken back because of an unforeseen problem with an
original part which subsequently fatigued and was promptly repaired at
no additional charge.

He does all the work himself and there are times when the turn-around
time is a bit prolonged, but the work is done properly.

Henry