Subject: ASPH 35/F2
From: jsaravia@zeus.uniandes.edu.co
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 13:56:05 +0500

To Leica user group:

I have just got a new ASHP 35/2, some comments:

1- It is bigger than the non ashp lens but not as big as the ASPH 1.4
2- the aperture ring is better than (at least mine) non asph lens, the click
of the different stops feels  better.
3- The front element is concave.
4- The back element seems to be "fat".
5- It comes with a plastic hood and a lens cap that fits the almost square
hood front, I don=B4t know if all ASPH lenses have that cap, it is of soft
plastic and is very easy to use (of course it includes the round lens cap as
well)
6- It uses the same 39mm filter.

Why I decide to buy the ASPH f2?

1- When I shot wide angle most of the time I need a good deep of field, so I
almost never use the lens wide open. I have a noctilux, and for very low
ligth situations I use it if  I can afford, or want,  the narrow deep of
field (I know it has its limitation but is a great lens). If I shot wide
angle in low light, I use a tripod.
2- Not as expensive as the 1.4, I have read it is a wonderful lens, but i
could save for a ASPH 24.
3- Not as big as the 1.4.

And how does it works in the field ?

Have to wait for the slides.