Subject: Re: Some thoughts on the R8 ...
From: Shawn London <st942432@pip.cc.brandeis.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 00:33:42 -0400

>Lets see --about $ 9500 in the Leica R and Ms - a Nikon N50 and a couple
>of zooms and a 50/1.4 - all for less than $ 1000.  Hmmmmm.

You are certainly entitled to your opinon about the Nikons'
unattractiveness.  As a matter of fact, I agree with all of your
statements.  However, it is not really fare to compare an advanced
amateur/pro camera like the N90 (which is not the top of the Nikon line)
and the F4 (which is the best of 80's technology) with the R8, a camera
which is designed for the high end of the market both in features and
price.  It would be more fair to compare the R8 with say... an F5 or EOS
N1.