Subject: Meters, meters, meters and others
From: LeicaM13@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:21:22 -0400 (EDT)

From: Todd Jacobs <LeicaM13@aol.com>
	     Chicago

	Does anyone remember the meter that was simply different sizes of circles
that was measured in relation to your pupal dilation? I vaguely remember
hearing about this but never actually saw or used one.

 	How about this meter. After years and hundreds of studio shots looking in
the back of a view camera (usually a beloved Deardorff) I have come to
recognize the stopped down brightness of a six second exposure. This would
usually produce excellent results ( owing to the fact that most studio shots
of a still life nature are bracketed). How about this shutter?  One of my
first assistant jobs was for a photographer  that counted his exposures,
'hundret and one, hundret and two', his name is Longin Wallis and he was from
Poland. His accent was rich and you can just imagine what he sounded like
when he counted. Now when I count my exposures, it must be with that same
accent or I'm usually off +/- 10 to 20%. One of his favorite expressions was;
' one more inky'. An inky being a 200watt mini spotlight. This was after
there were already 15 to 20 inky's on the set.

	Last. Trust your instincts folks. If your meter reading seems wierd, bracket
the hell out of the shot, don't lose that one that makes you proud.

	For Gary Todaroff:
	I am using D76 developer at 1:1 dilution usually around 70'F. I'm curious to
try your suggestion though.

	Re: The Canon I talked about, Its the A2

	Thought for the day: If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil
come from?

	Todd Jacobs<LeicaM13@aol.com>
	Chicago