Subject: Re: Camera bag question
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 01:29:57 -0400

Mike Preiss wrote:

> I've got an M6, 21, 35f1.4ASPH, 50f1.4, and 90f2. I still haven't
> found the ideal camera bag. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'd
> actually like two bags: one for around town that doesn't scream
> "camera bag!" and another that can be strapped around my waist for
> multi-week trekking trips in the Himalayas. (It seems no matter what
> gear I own, I never find the right bag!)
>
> -Mike Preiss

Mike,

I've been using Domke's 803 Satchel with the 3 compartment insert as my
around town bag. I keep an M3 with 50 Summilux and MR-4 meter on camera,
an M2 with 35 Summicron and MR-4 on camera and a 90 Tele-Elmarit
seperate. In addition, I keep an incident meter, table-top tripod,
assorted film, cable release, etc. in it. It looks more like a canvas
briefcase and doesn't shout camera bag. It has a compartment on the back
for brochures and flat paperwork. Overall, I like it but wish it had an
external side pocket. It's a nice trade-off from the other Domkes that I
have. Check it out.

Carl Socolow