Subject: Re: LUG discussion makes the news
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 06:22:32 -0700

<snip>

> Their rather pathetic instance of using an internet rumor as
> primary source for a written piece is reminiscent of the
> Shlessinger fellow (former White House Press Secretary) who quoted
> a web sight as proof that TWA flight 800 was in fact shot down by
> a missle.

<snip>

Yep, just as Schlesinger would be pretty upset with being tagged
with an action done by Salinger.

FWIW, I find no problem in reporting rumor as long as it's
identified as rumor, and, preferably, the rumor's source/s listed.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Leica Historical Society Of America