Subject: Leica 50/2.0 Summicron-m
From: alan@iti2000.com (Alan Newman)
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 20:01:33 -0400

Being a new Luger I want to say that I am enjoying all the great
information you people are putting forth.

I have a question, I just purchased 50/2.0 Summicron-m 309xxxx at a garage
sale for $200.00. The lens is in mint- condition and for $200 I felt that I
couldn't go wrong with it. The question I have is that on the focusing ring
there is written "Leica 1913-1983". Can anybody give me any information on
this lens, and what the writing means?

Thanks for your help

Alan Newman