Subject: Re: New M6 Rangefinder Problem
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 10 Jul 97 18:37:31 EDT

Richard wrote:

<<<I just mounted my new 35mm Summilux Aspheric lens on my new M6 and realized
that the rangefinder on the M6 doesn't quite line up right.  The doubled image
line up horizontally but are off a bit vertically.>>>>

Richard,

I'd make a very quick phone call and ask to please have the camera replaced
immediately for openers! They can either say yes or no, for openers. If you
sprung for a new M6 and a new aspherical we are not talking nickles and dimes
here. So go big right off, as we'll never get satisfaction of new equipment if
we have to keep sending the gear back for fine tuning.

I mean this is about 3 grand of camera body alone and surely it can be delivered
without having to complete the fine tuning after the fact.

Even if you have to send it back on the warranty, call Leica NJ and talk to Nils
Thorensen and explain you have a critical shoot coming up on whatever date you
wish to choose and you need the camera period. Either can they service and
guarrantee return by that date or would they send you a demo camera or new
replacement immediately.

Nothing happens unless you ask and given you have heard a 4-6 week turn around
it isn't good enough for your work time frame.

Be nice and surprises can happen. :)

None of this should happen in any case for what the camera costs.

Have a go.
ted