Subject: Re: 21 f/4 Super Augulon questions
From: wilcox@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 14:01:10 -0400

>Is the 21 f/4 Super Angulon available in both LTM and M mounts?  I had
>thought that they were all LTM and used an adapter for the M but am now
>wondering if this is the case.  I am looking for the LTM version with
>adapter.

The 21 f4 Super Angulon was sold in both LTM (1462 made) and M (5292 made)
versions. It was discontinued in 1963;replaced by the f3.4 M only version.
The M version was indeed a LTM with a special M adapter factory installed.
(At least this seem to be true. I've never seen a claim to the contrary.)
It is easily removable thus the M version can be used on either M or screw
cameras. OTOH I can't see why one that was sold originally as thread mount
could not be used on an M body with any of the bay to screw adapters.

The 21 BL finder is SBKOO.

>Is there a listing which catalogues the Leitz part numbering system?  I
>know that the SBLOO is a 35 bright line finder, but not a heck of a lot
>else.  Actually, is there a FAQ for the group?

There are numerous books that list the code word/number for Leica
equipment. Dennis Laney's book on collecting and Rogliottis 50 year, 60
year 70 years books spring to mind.

Cheers!

kw

- ----