Subject: Re: Shortage of Used R 6.2 Leicas??
From: FKemper@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 13:22:41 -0400 (EDT)

In einer eMail vom 08.07.97  20:08:01, schreiben Sie:

<< I got tired of changing batteries all
 the time and got a mechanical watch. >>

I got your point, but I would strongly recommend a R4s or a R-E instead of a
R6.2. They are substantly cheaper, feature the better finder displays and
give xou auto exposure just in the case you would not be in the mood for
manual setting. And the R6.2 needs batteries too - because what is a slide
film woth, if you do not have an accurate exposure meter :-)

IMHO it is the lenses what makes the Leica R System so special. The cameras
are more or less just average. If I had no doubts about the durability of
70's electronic circuits I would not hesitate to suggest a good, clean R3. It
is a good camera and it features almost everything you need to operate a
Leica lens successfully (only TTL flash is really missing). But these babies
are more than 20 years old by now, which is quite a time for an early
electronic apparatus.

Frank