Subject: Re: M6, 50mm Summicron and more
From: ted grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Jul 97 09:50:26 EDT

Shawn London  wrote:

<<<Oh, I see.  Henri Cartier-Bresson was an animal because he shot close.   And
tabloid photos shot through windows and out of trees from a block away are
automatically less offensive because the photographer didn't irritate the
subject at the time? >>>>>>

No! No! me old son,

You either have not tried to work in the rat pack as some of us in here have and
have to, or you wouldn't have made the above post!

We are __not__ talking about the HCB kind of quiet shooting (most of his
subjects never knew he was shooting) or the guy working with a 1200mm from a
block away, (yes they are offensive in some circumstances).  We are referring to
the "20mm jam it in the face of the subject" from 2 feet away or less!  and make
that a dozen rat pack guys all at the same time.

It is this kind of action and the way some of them dress looking like they were
shot out of a cannon sideways with a keg of nails, that pulls down the image and
reputation of a "news photographer"! And does absolutely nothing for the respect
factor!

Ted, (fighting the rat pack animal image all the time)