Subject: Re: M6 basic lenses
From: "Charles E. Dunlap" <cdunlap@rupture.ucsc.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 16:51:04 -0700

>> Also I'm planning on getting these items new, is there a serial number I
>> should follow into so as to not get a "old" lens paying for a brand new
>> price lens ?

Buy from an authorized Leica dealer. Some authorized Leica dealers sell
used Leica equipment as well, but the used department is usually a separate
entity from the new equipment area. I've never heard of anyone calling B+H,
for instance, and getting used equipment when they thought they were
getting new equipment.

For your own piece of mind, however, you could pick up a Leica handbook and
make sure that your lenses are of the most recent serial numbers.

Good luck,

Charlie